Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) is an inter service organization functioning under the Ministry of Defence, which provides services for resettlement and welfare of Ex-servicemen (ESM) and their dependants.
It comprises of various directorates such as -
Employment: It provides employment assistance to retired officers of the three services. It deals with policy, planning and placement of retired, regular and Short Service Commissioned Officers of the three services, who have registered themselves with DGR for employment assistance.
Self Employment: Its offers assistance in areas such as
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM) Coal Transportation Work
- Tipper Attachment Scheme for Widows/Disabled ESM
- Allotment of Oil Product Agencies under 8% Defence Quota Scheme
- Allotment of Army Surplus Disposable Class V B Vehicles
- National Equity Fund (NEF) Scheme
- Reservation in CSD (I) and Low Technology Items
- Grant of Price Subsidy to Ex-Servicemen SSI Units
- Allotment of Mother Dairy Milk Booths
- Allotment of Mother Dairy Fruit and Vegetable (Safal) Shops
- Allotment of Mother Dairy Combined (Milk & Safal) Shops
- Operation of CNG stations on COCO basis (in Delhi only)
- Operation of oil Retail outlet on COCO basis
- Franchisee of Kidzee Playschool
- Insurance Advisors
Training: It offers training program and information for
- Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR)
- Supplementary - Nil
- Norms for management courses, Revised application, and management courses Apr 2008
Agriculture: It provides scheme for Self Loan Assistance for Margin Money and Capital Subsidy Scheme.
Publicity: It is responsible for projecting the policies of DGR regarding resettlement and welfare of ex-servicemen, widows and their dependants through its various publications, brochures, leaflets and advertisements. It also interacts with print and electronic media after obtaining clearance from Directorate of Public Relations, Ministry of Defence. It also acts as a nodal agency for implementation of policies relating to progressive use of Hindi in official work.
Statistics and Records: It provides
- Preparation of data-base by conducting census of ex-servicemen
- Collection, compilation, analysis, maintenance and dissemination of selected statistics
- Furnishing of clarifications concerning to status of ex-servicemen/widows
- Repository of Notifications/ Memoranda issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India with regard to status of ex-servicemen.
- Preparation of draft reply to Parliament Questions and dissemination of inputs to Parliament Questions and other Parliament matters
- Undertaking of Ad-hoc studies and analysis of data
- Handling of court cases relating to status of ex-servicemen
- Procurement of computers, peripherals and computer stationery and maintenance of computers and peripherals
Kendriya Sainik Board: It facilitates various schemes for ex-servicemen like family pension, financial assistances, etc.
Organization operates the departments of sainik welfare at the state level and zila sainik welfare officers at the district level to solve the problems of ex-servicemen and to carry out the rehabilitation and welfare schemes at state and district levels respectively.
It provides training in disciplines such as human resource management, security management, medical, hospitality, inventory control, logistic management including highly technical fields, etc.
Directorate General Resettlement - DGR also operates the resettlement training programmes ranging from vocational courses of three months duration to degree and diploma course in business administration, personnel management, hotel management and tourism, human resource training and development, etc. of one to three years duration for the officers.
|Address:||West Block 4 , R K Puram New Delhi India|
|Phone No:||+91 11 2619 2365|
|Fax No:||+91 11 2619 2365|