Ascom (Switzerland) Ltd. is an international solution provider with comprehensive technological know-how. The company concentrates on the core areas of Wireless Solutions (high-value, customer-specific on-site communications solutions) and Security Solutions (applications for security, communication, automation and control systems for infrastructure operators, public security institutions and the army).
The Special Products Division covers the activities of Network Integration (network solutions for the data/voice convergence market) in Italy and Payphones (specialised products for voice traffic). With a wealth of experience in implementing complex projects for discerning customers, Ascom has established itself in important key markets.
Offerings range from analysis and consulting to system design and system integration, project management, engineering and implementation, right through to maintenance and support. The company has subsidiaries in 18 countries and a workforce of some 2600 employees worldwide. Ascom registered shares (symbol ASCN) are listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
Ascom is a member of the following associations:
- European Telecommunications Standardisation Institute ETSI
- Swiss Engineering Fachgruppe Sicherheitstechnik
- SICTA Swiss Information and Communications Technology Association
- SWISSMEM (Swiss mechanical, electrical and engineering industries (MEM industries))
- SWISSMEM Division ''Security and Defence Technology''
- SWISSMEM Division "Space Technology"
- SWISSMEM Division "Swiss aeronautical industries group "
- SAQ Swiss Association for quality
Major Defense Customers
Product Supplied by Ascom: IMFS, CNRI/RAP, SE-235, SE-138, Swiss MFA radio system, MC3Sys, REGA LT, FIMOCO, FARGO, INTAFF, AF Network, BA KP Gs Vb, IDS
Product Supplied by Ascom: Ascom Access Node