The footwear factory “Lituanica” was situated in the
old part of city Kaunas at the confluence of the Nemunas and Neris
rivers covered with legends and ballads.
According to Lithuanian Encyclopedia the year of the factory foundation
dates from 1934.
In 1938 it was privately owned by two brothers, Shai and Mordhel
Gotgelf. Their trademark read: “Shoe factory “Lituanica”
and leather trade Co”.
On September 1940 the nationalization of factory that numbered
at that time 100 people was effected. During the War it was completely
ruined. Over the first post war period the factory was rebuilt
as quickly as possible and “Lituanica” had made 27
thousands pairs of shoes.
In 1953 the factory received the name “Raudonasis Spalis”.
In 1959-1981 the factory was considerably enlarged. At that time
was built area of production shops, installed equipments and advanced
technology of production.
It should be noted that starting in 1975 the factory switched
over the production to making shoes for men. By that time about
2000 people were employed in factory.
In 1988 the authentic name of company “Lituanica”
was returned. In 1992 State enterprise became joint-stock company.
In 2005 joint-stock company “Lituanica” moved into
newly built factory of footwear production shops and management
department, address: Jovaru str. 2a, Kaunas.