Austrian Aerospace GmbH (AAE) is owned by the Swedish-based Saab Ericsson Space Group.
It markets, develops, manufactures and supplies space products and related ground support equipment, focusing on:
- On-board electronics, particularly digital signal processing
- On-board mechanics, particularly pointing mechanisms
- Thermal hardware, particularly multilayer insulation
- Ground support equipment, both electrical and mechanical
Laboratories and Workshops: In AAE laboratories a large number of state-of-the-art electronics test and measurement equipment, both in the digital and the analogue domain, is available.
- Electrical workshop provides all means for Surface Mounted Devices (SMD) soldering, harness manufacturing, testing, etc. needed for breadboard and ground support equipment assembly.
- Mechanical workshop is equipped with a 4-axes CNC milling machine and standard Drilling, Grinding, Sawing, Cutting, Bending and Punching Machines.
- PCB assembly, inspection, coating and equipment integration and testing
- Asscon Vapour Phase Soldering Machine VP53
- AAE has introduced a new soldering process for surface mount technology (SMT) in flight standard electronics manufacturing.
- Thermal Hardware production and test and integration of large mechanical equipment
Electrical Design Tools include:
- JTAG Test Software Goeppel
- Timing Designer