Last Update October 6, 2016

Categories

  • Weapons & Ammunition

The BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited, is a joint venture between the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) of India and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise NPO Mashinostroyenia (NPOM) of Russia under BrahMos Aerospace.

History

After the Gulf War in the 1990s, there was a need to have a cruise missile system in India. As a result in 1998, then Scientific Advisor of India to Defense Minister A.P.J. Abdul Kalam and Deputy Defence Minister of Russia N.V. Mikhailov signed an inter-governmental agreement in Moscow. India holds a 50.5% share stake in the company and Russia holds the other 49.5%.

The Company is responsible for designing, developing, producing and marketing the BRAHMOS supersonic cruise missile with active participation of a consortium of Indian and Russian industries.

Vision

The Company's vision is to be reckoned as a world leader in the field of cruise Missile systems, excelling through Research and Development efforts in design and software upgrades meeting commitment as per schedule in producing and delivering a state-of-the-art weapon complex, adhering to the highest standards of quality and reliability with parallel efforts for next generation systems to maintain supremacy.

Mission

The Company's mission is to maintain greater heights and make ‘Brand BrahMos” a synonym of achievement, innovation and success in the international arena of missile and aerospace, and to be market leader with a product which dictates quality, commitment and most cost effective user friendly system for the armed forces and harnessing strategic alliance with friendly countries of the joint venture partners through export of BRAHMOS.

BrahMos Aerospace Limited - PicturesBrahMos Aerospace Limited - Pictures 2

BrahMos Aerospace Limited

  • 16, Cariappa Marg, Kirby Place, Delhi Cantt., 110010, New Delhi, India
  • +91 11 3312 3000
  • +91 11 3312 3000
Add to favorites