Last Update September 11, 2018

Categories

  • Aircraft, Helicopter, UAV, Spacecraft & related equipment
  • Weapons & Ammunition

The history of HIGH ENERGY MATERIALS RESEARCH LABORATORY HEMRL dates back in 1908, when it started as the Chemical Examiners Office at Nainital. There were a number of changes in name, location and charter before the Lab. Finally, it found its rightful place at Pune in 1960 as Explosives Research & Development Laboratory (ERDL), a name it was known by for 35 years before it was appropriately renamed as High Energy Materials Research Laboratory on 1st March 1995 in order to cover entire R&D activities in all the wings of HEM namely, Rocket propellants (RP) and Gun propellants (GP), High Explosives (HE), Pyrotechnics, Pilot Plant, Instrumentation etc. Today, this laboratory is spread over an area of 850 acres at Sutarwadi, 20 kms away from Pune City.

High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) - PicturesHigh Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) - Pictures 2High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) - Pictures 3

High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL)

Add to favorites