Last Update October 12, 2016

Categories

  • Aircraft, Helicopter, UAV, Spacecraft & related equipment
  • Ballistic Protection
  • Composites, Plastics & Rubber
  • Counter-measures, Electronic Warfare and Decoys
  • Electrical, Electronics & Electro-optics
  • Military, Tactical, Logistic Support Vehicles & related equipment
  • Weapons & Ammunition

RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ESTABLISHMENT (ENGINEERS), Pune traces its origin to the Inspectorate of Engineer Stores set up at Kolkata during World War II for exercising quality control on stores of indigenous origin and to provide guidance to manufacturers producing items used by the Services. This was amalgamated with Chief Inspectorate of Mechanisation at Chakala in Pakistan in 1946.

After partition, this Inspectorate shifted to Ahmednagar and was designated as Technical Development Establishment Vehicles (TDEV). With the expansion of activities of DRDO, need for a separate establishment for design and development of equipment for the Corps of Engineers was felt and R&DE (Engrs.) was established at Dighi in Pune on 09 Feb 1962 .

The Establishment’s primary role was the development of mobility and counter mobility equipment for the Corps of Engineers. The lab has provided self-sufficiency in indigenous development of Combat Engineering Equipment. Over the years, the Establishment while carrying out its primary role has acquired expertise in ground system engineering for all the major weapon programmes.

Research & Development Establishment (Engineers)

Add to favorites